Day 31/ Oct 21, 2010
Good morning Corbin! Mom Mom woke me up saying that. I took a shower, dressed, then ate a breakfast of cereal and dough bellies (rolls with sugar and cinnamon on top). After saying goodbye and giving lots of hugs, we left for Green River. The plan was to pick up Aunt Kim and Zach at the train station and go to The Arches National Park and Moab. 
Our first stop was McDonalds in Beaver where we got Coke and fries to play the monopoly game. Next, we stopped in Salena and filled up the gas tank. From there on I took a nap until we stopped at Devil's Canyon (elevation 7921, the highest so far) for a stretch and pictures The bathroom stunk so bad (pit type) that I went behind a bush. I bought Megan something special from a Navajo Indian woman. We got back on the road and reached Green River after five hours on the clock..Green River was a run down place with closed up buildings and odd people, alike. We chose Green River Terrace Inn because it was the best looking motel. The rooms were nice except for the really soft pillows. Our cell phone connection was bad, so everyone we tried to talk to sounded garbled. We finally talked to Aunt Kim, who said she wasn't coming because the forecast was for severe weather with mixed rain, ice and snow. So here we are in a yucky town, in the middle of nowhere, with bad weather coming . GREAT! WE NEED A COKE!
We found the Melon Vine grocery store and then went back to our room to snack on Coke, chips and salsa until dinner time. Our choice for the night was the Tamarisk next to the motel. The restaurant was busy (only other places were Burger King and a tap room) so we had to wait a couple minutes to be seated. I had a burger with a blue cheese salad and Mom Mom had chicken with red potatoes and a salad.
Back at the room, I watched Chuck and Mom Mom talked to Aunt Kim, again. Our Moab trip is canceled, we're heading to Provo in the a.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment