Monday, October 18, 2010

Jungle Of Days

Day 25/ Oct 15, 2010


Here I am at the laundromat doing some more laundry. Considering we didn't go anywhere on Wednesday or Thursday, today will be joined thoughts for the past two days and today.

On Wednesday. we did school work until late afternoon. For dinner, I had Pad Thai from Thai Evergreen that was really bad. Dessert consisted of a coconut pop from the same restaurant except, it was delicious.We watched Scooby- Doo, then went to bed.

Thursday was more fun because we played video games and went out....to stores. In the afternoon, Mom Mom and I set off for a day of errands. First, we looked for Rocky Road Chocolate Factory, but we couldn't find it. Thankfully, we found our lunch stop.Arctic Circle! I had chicken tenders and a scrumptious pumpkin pie shake! The advertisement said the shake was above the rim, I agree. Next, we went to Walmart to return a pot and some jars. After we returned our items, we were going to get a book and tape but the lines were too long. We needed directions to St. George, so AAA was our next stop. AAA had a vending machine....of maps! Our next stop, Play N Trade. Play N trade was like a Game Stop except, it included older systems and games. Mom Mom wanted a haircut so, we stopped at Super Cuts. She got it cut short.....really short. Our final stop was Walgreens. They had Jason and Freddy Kruger costumes. After we got tape, we left for home.

At home, Brother Doxy, his wife, and Tommy came to pick us up for Boy Scouts. The meeting room in the church was set up like a restaurant, so we took our seats. The menu in  front of us was in about eight different foreign languages. I placed my order not knowing what I was going to get. My first course was strawberry salad with a poppy seed vinaigrette, pulled pork, and a spoon. After an unorganized first course, next was corn, water, and a napkin. The third course was the best: brownies, ice cream, and a fork. And last but not least, a knife, bun, and potatoes. With full bellies, we couldn't eat any more food.

To work off our meal, we cleaned the meeting room and the church. I vacuumed a room and did a trash run with a trash can on wheels! Brother Doxy and Brother Thompson gave Zach and I a ride home. We said goodbye to the Brothers, and ran inside to tell Aunt Kim and Mom Mom about our unusual dinner.

Suddenly, there were five girls breathing heavily at the door. They told us a guy from a construction site, hopped in his truck and was following them. We went outside to see that same truck  pass by our door and turn back around towards us. By then, I was really nervous. The man got out of his truck and Aunt Kim was just about to yell at him except, he said, "Did someone order a pizza?" We all started laughing hysterically because, Aunt Kim had ordered a pizza ten minutes ago. We put the pizza inside, then Zach and I walked his friend home. When we got back, we watched a couple episodes of Chuck, then went to bed.

This morning, October 15th, we noticed that there were two garage sales so, Aunt Kim, Zachary, and I went to check them out. At the first one, we got a microwave and some pans. The second sale, we got two tables and a cord. Mom Mom and I headed for the laundromat, after we took our findings home.

We put our clothes in the washer, then I went to get brunch. I had a spicy Italian sub and Mom Mom had a Black Mountain ham and cheese muffin. The door on the dryer clicked so we knew it was time to fold the laundry and go.

Aunt Kim was still working, so we unpacked our laundry, packed our suitcase, and left at 3:30pm for Great Grandma and Great Grandpa in St. George. The drive was cool and beautiful. A couple of miles out from Fillmore, there was a horrible smell that smelled worse than sewage. We arrived at Beaver at 6:00pm, and decided between Best Western: Paradise, or Best Western: Butch Cassidy. Best Western: Paradise was our choice because, it had nice rooms and a restaurant right across the parking lot.

The room had two queen sized beds, nice bathroom, good sized t.v., and a desk with  two chairs. Our shower was first ,then we went to dinner at Paradise Inn Grill. I had a turkey Reuben (real turkey), and Mom Mom had pot roast and potatoes. We took some lemon meringue pie back  to the room with us.

James Bond was playing on t.v., so we watched that, then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment